THE AFRICA CHANNEL HAS LAUNCHED IN CANADA ON ROGERS IGNITE TV
Showcases programming that opens up a daily view into modern African lifeJanuary 28, 2020
Toronto, Canada – Ethnic Channels Group Ltd. (ECG), the world's largest multicultural broadcaster, is pleased to announce that The Africa Channel has launched on Rogers Communications’ Ignite TV, serving viewers in Ontario, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland.
The Africa Channel features unique English language Pan-African television series, specials, documentaries, feature films, music, biographies, historical and cultural content. Based in Los Angeles, The Africa Channel is available in approximately seven million homes in the USA and Caribbean, on cable systems such as Comcast, Charter/Spectrum, and the Caribbean Cable Cooperative.
"The continent of Africa has been a major influencer of global culture. The launch of The Africa Channel gives further impetus to the growth of this culture, by capturing the microcosm of this great continent on multiple screens in Canada,” said Slava Levin, CEO of ECG.
“We are delighted to be working with ECG to bring our compelling programming lineup to Canadian audiences through this launch on Rogers Ignite TV. We are confident that the breadth of our content will appeal to both the African and Caribbean Diaspora as well as audiences with an interest in global travel, lifestyle and culture,” said Narendra Reddy, General Manager of The Africa Channel.
THE AFRICA CHANNEL is now on free preview on Channel #886.
ABOUT THE AFRICA CHANNEL:
The Africa Channel and its production arm, TAC Studios, is a showcase for the African continent's most outstanding English-language television series, specials, documentaries, feature films, music, biographies and cultural and historical content. The channel's mission is to open a daily window into modern African life, and in the process, help demystify Africa for viewers globally. The Africa Channel is based in Los Angeles and is available in approximately seven million homes in North America and the Caribbean on cable systems such as Comcast, Charter/Spectrum, and the Caribbean Cable Cooperative.
- ETHNIC CHANNELS GROUP SIGNS MULTI-YEAR DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT WITH TV ASIA
- THE AFRICA CHANNEL HAS LAUNCHED IN CANADA ON ROGERS IGNITE TV
- PeopleTV LAUNCHES IN CANADA ON ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS' IGNITE TV service featuring Programming from PEOPLE and Entertainment Weekly
- Times Network inks deal with Ethnic Channels Group to launch ET NOW in Canada
- QYOU Media Forms Distribution Partnership with Ethnic Channels Group in Canada
- SCHLAGER TV NOW AVAILABLE ON TELUS OPTIK TV.German pop and folk music aficionados will now be able to subscribe to Schlager TV on Telus OPTIK TV